Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any opinions on a Yamaha BB2000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zobear, Jul 21, 2002.

1. zobear

zobear

Jul 21, 2002
    I found a BB2000 and have not been able to find much info about it. Any views would be appreciated.

2. My experiance with this bass is just about the same as the guys in the Harmony Central reviews.They are great basses.Mine had a fat clear tone that cut through the mix very well,sort of like a P bass on steroids.The neck is a little fat but really stable and the action on mine was great for a twenty year old bass.The Michel Anthony BB3000 is the same basic bass with an ebony board and custom inlays and they get about $2000 for it.I had mine for about a year and just sold it a couple of months ago to finance another 5 string .It was the best 4 string I'd had and I've had quite a few.I've switched to 5 string and didn't play the Yamaha any more or it would still be my main bass.Used ones go for $400 to $500 and are a bargain.

3. Athough I didn't get to try the BB2000 I already played a few other BB series basses and own a BB1500A and in general i'd say the BB series are great basses. Absolutely and in relation to their price.

4. brandon67

brandon67

Dec 12, 2009
    what is the difference between the bb2000 and the original bb3000?

5. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    Those old passive Yamaha basses are great!

6. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
    Some of the differences between the bb2000 and the original bb3000?

BB2000.....
    -5 pc. Capillary neck
    - Beefy but comfy neck with a 1 3/4" nut
    -High mass bridge
    -reverse P pickup in the middle position and blade pickup in the bridge position
    -Passive electronics V T pickup select switch

BB3000.....
    -5 pc. Capillary neck
    -Slimmer neck with an 1 1/2" nut
    -Vintage style bridge
    -P pickup with standard orientation in the middle position and blade pickup in the bridge position
    -Passive electronics V T pickup select switch

7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    BB2000s are great playing and great sounding, high quality basses. They are large and can be heavy, but they are worth every penny. I truly hope I can pick up another one day.

8. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Nice bass- well made