1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any opinions on an Epi Blackbird?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by elocke2009, May 11, 2010.

1. elocke2009

elocke2009

Aug 19, 2009
    Just as the title says, I'm looking for opinions on an Epiphone Blackbird Nikki Sixx Bass. I am able to buy one for $250 and it seems like a good deal. Any body have one or know someone who has one and can let me know anything I should know?

2. AaronD

AaronD

Aug 30, 2009
    Ireland
    I got one for my first bass.
    I got mine when I didn't know what type of music I will End up playing turns out it was funk and slap.
    And as we all know thunderbirds are not good for slap.
    If you will be playing rock i say it would suit fine.
    Looks about cheesy to me

3. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    Found this review about 5 minutes before I saw this thread, coinsidence? I think not!

I think it sound's great, go for it, maybe try a little lower in price.

4. elocke2009

elocke2009

Aug 19, 2009
    Thanks...everyone (both of you) has told me to go for it so I'm thinking I will...hope it works out well! Opinions still welcome

5. Good price, I say go for it if you're not into funk.

6. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I played one *once*. I have to say, the one I played was awful. Just a real piece of firewood.

Play before you pay - make sure you're going to like it!

7. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    For $250, go for it. It aint gonna be like the real deal, but one good thing is they have a 1.5" nut like the Gibson, unlike the regular Epi IV. Plus it has a Mahogany body. You could always use it for a project bass to upgrade and mod from if it works for you.

8. If it's good enough for Nikki, it damn well better be good enough for you.*

*Note: I don't normally feel this way, but I'm a HUGE Sixx fanboy, so my opinion might not be valid.

9. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I've never heard of anyone liking a Thunderbird as their first bass, but plenty of people like it otherwise. I gather they do not lay on you in the most comfortable way.

10. elocke2009

elocke2009

Aug 19, 2009
    not my first...fourth...and regardless ill keep it...i don't get rid of them...too proud to admit i shouldnt have bought it