Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

any opinions on spector pro series 6?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdogg, May 3, 2001.

1. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    i am planning on taking my next step in the bass world
    with a mid priced 6-string. do any of you own the
    spector ns2000Q6? at least i think that's the model. i have played the 5-string version and was most definitely pleased.
    it retails for about $800 wich is right in my price range.
    i want solid lows, cutting mids and bright brassy highs
    wich i have heard spectors do very well. i really want a
    warwick streamer lx but a 17 year old like myself would
    have to sell a vital organ or two to fund such a purchase.
    thanx for your help!!!!

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey tdogg. I never played the 6 string version but I recently had a 5 as a backup & it was great!!!! The only reason I sold it was because I get a GREAT deal on a Check Spector.

I'd recomend you trying a few other basses though. One which I like alot is the Ibanez BTB-406. I think it's in the same pricce range. Also the Dean Edge 6. The Dean has passive electronics w/the EMG-HZ pup's & is alittle cheaper.

Good luck!!!!

3. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    yah the btb406 is the other model i am considering, i love the neck on those, best fingerspacing ever, honestly though the tone bored me a little but i dont think i played it enough to fully check it out

4. Yeah, I agree w. Nino, I would suggest looking at some other basses.

Although I love Spectors, many already know my std reply is "avoid the 'Q' series".

I would be a little leery of six strings pulling on a bolt on neck, especially considering the fact that the quality control on the NS line is at times hit & miss.