any opinions on spector pro series 6?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdogg, May 3, 2001.

1. tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    i am planning on taking my next step in the bass world
    with a mid priced 6-string. do any of you own the
    spector ns2000Q6? at least i think that's the model. i have played the 5-string version and was most definitely pleased.
    it retails for about $800 wich is right in my price range.
    i want solid lows, cutting mids and bright brassy highs
    wich i have heard spectors do very well. i really want a
    warwick streamer lx but a 17 year old like myself would
    have to sell a vital organ or two to fund such a purchase.
    thanx for your help!!!!
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey tdogg. I never played the 6 string version but I recently had a 5 as a backup & it was great!!!! The only reason I sold it was because I get a GREAT deal on a Check Spector.

I'd recomend you trying a few other basses though. One which I like alot is the Ibanez BTB-406. I think it's in the same pricce range. Also the Dean Edge 6. The Dean has passive electronics w/the EMG-HZ pup's & is alittle cheaper.

Good luck!!!!
  3. tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    yah the btb406 is the other model i am considering, i love the neck on those, best fingerspacing ever, honestly though the tone bored me a little but i dont think i played it enough to fully check it out
  4. Yeah, I agree w. Nino, I would suggest looking at some other basses.

Although I love Spectors, many already know my std reply is "avoid the 'Q' series".

I would be a little leery of six strings pulling on a bolt on neck, especially considering the fact that the quality control on the NS line is at times hit & miss.