Any other Conklin GTBD-7 owners mind helpin me out?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chapbass, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Alright, so I have a GTBD-7, and theres a few things that have been irking me.

oh, as a quick note: if this should go in a different forum, sorry about that, i did a quick look and i figured this would be the best spot...

What do you bring your GTBD-7 around in? I really dont wanna drop the cash on a conklin case, those things seem mega expensive...they look really sturdy and all, but being a broke college student, i cant drop 300+ on the nicest one, and it doesnt look like the cheapest one offers much more protection than the cort gig bag im using now...

Does anyone know of any other hardshell manufacturers who have cases that can fit it? all of the ones i tried didnt work because of the really high upper horn...
  2. Stingray4Christ

Jan 28, 2003
    I have one of the "cheap" Conklin cases for my BD-7. It will work just fine as long as you dont plan on dropping your bass down a flight of stairs or throwing it from a moving vehicle.
  3. Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    LOL, i didnt mean cheapest in a bad way, they look like nice cases, i just didnt know how much real world protection they offered, and its kinda hard to tell through a picture.

Work good eh? that sounds great, maybe ill spring for one when my finances go up a little. Thanks for the quick reply!
  4. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    It's expensive but every single one of my basses has a flight case. My BD was an expensive case (about 800 canadian) but I feel it's worth it to protect instruments.

Here's my buddy Mikes case with a Fury in it. I don't have any pics of my cases but his are the exact same.

edit: Sorry just read that you don't want to spend 300 bucks on a case.
  5. Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    haha, i definitely wouldnt mind buying the flight case, in fact i would love one...problem is i cant afford it right now... : (
  6. cods

Sep 16, 2003
  7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I keep my custom shop Conklins in them... Unless you're planning on a world tour anytime soon they should provide all the protection you'll ever need.
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i lug my custom conklins around in usa cases gig bags. unless you are inordinately rough on your instrument in transit, a gig bag should be more than sufficient.
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I had my GT-BD7 in one of the soft "hardshell" cases as well. They're plenty sturdy, and they're so form fitting, your bass won't bounce around at all.