1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any other Porcupine Tree fans?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by kris pung, May 1, 2005.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I am going to see them for the second time tomorrow night in London (saw them late last year). I have been digging them for a few years now.

If you don't know about it, definitly check out Blackfield. Steve Wilson's other project with Israeli pop star Aviv Geffen. Its awesome. Blackfield II, their second album has some of the best prog-pop you are ever going to hear.

2. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    sorry, didn't read the thread, just the title and just to say.....

YES!!!! a big fan, albeit a new fan, but yes, absolutely glad i finally got hipped to them.

wish I was going to see them in Seattle but am camping instead with my wife and kids (I guess that's better):smug:

3. I highly recommend their new album Fear Of A Blank Planet. Sound wise I would say think In Absentia and Deadwing with more keyboard and a couple of heavier guitar riffs.Absolute masterpiece!

4. Been a fan of them for a long time now.

Their new album is phenomenal.

5. I haven't bought the new one yet, but it's the next new release I plan to buy.

6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Ordered the new release today. HUGE PT fan here.

7. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I guess no one's heard of PT here in Edmonton... including all the big record stores! I went to 3 different stores on Tuesday and none of them had even heard of it not to mention stock it :rollno:

...so I had to download it.

So far I'm absolutely loving the title track, "Anesthetize" and "Sleep Together," and it's still growing on me. The title track reminds me a lot of "Deadwing," which is my other favorite PT song.

8. I'm kinda bored with the latest release. Somehow it's missing a climax.