Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any owners of Mike Lull Vintage 4 out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RicMeister, Nov 26, 2001.

1. RicMeister

RicMeister Guest

Nov 25, 2001
    I'm a newbie here and really enjoying this forum.

This thread is to solicit opinions from anyone out there who happens to own a Mike Lull Vintage 4 jazz clone. I've never owned a Jazz bass of any kind and I'm considering taking the plunge. The Mike Lull website seems to indicate a high quality bass at a reasonable price.

If you own a Lull Vintage 4, or have played one, please post your experiences or send me a private message. I want as many informed opinions as possible to make the best decision.

I will consider other brands of basses under the following conditions: (1)-- that you've had experience with them and you KNOW what you're talking about; (2)-- it's a good quality bass but NOT overpriced. (Yeah, I know this is subjective.); (3)-- absolutely NO active electronics models will be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Thanks guys.

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Ive heard that Mike Lull makes an excellent Fender :D

3. Very funny lo-end....very funny. I own a Lull Vintage 4. Mine is transparent burgandy (ash body), white pearloid guard, rosewood board and Lindy Fralin PU's. She plays/feels/sounds awesome. If you are looking for a jazz clone with a vintage vibe the Lull would be an excellent choice. I've also heard good things about the Lakland Joe Osbourne but the JO will cost you a bit more than a Lull.