1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any Peavey amp users?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigmuff113, Jul 26, 2012.

1. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    Thinking about getting a Peavey tube amp head and running into a bass cab. Anyone ever done this?

2. I have three Peavey amps, one just happens to be an all tube head. :D

Mark VIII XP - SS lead sled. Reliable work horse.
    IPR 1600 - Power amp in my rack rig. 1,600 watts in a 7 pound package.
    Classic 400 - All tube 400 watt monster. Weighs a ton, but man does it sound awesome.

If you are looking at Peavey tube amps the VB-2 would be worth checking out as well.

3. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    You talking about a Peavey guitar tube head? Yeah, years ago I ran a 160W Peavey Roadmaster into a 4x10. Sounded good but there wasn't enough clean headroom for my tastes. Later ones like the Windsor have been mentioned here on TB. Search around.

4. Guitar amp heads work (some are better than others) - but IMO most bass amps have EQ better suited for bass.

5. bassdopp

bassdopp Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2012
    There is/was a Peavey Festival Series 400 - tube head on ebay.(I pretty sure that was the model. Now I have to go and check) Not cheap, but it will blow you away. I have the old Super Festival F800B, but it is solid-state. 400 watts of terror. Old school. It loads out a 2 ohms. I'm on a hunt to find the matching single 18" cabinets that went with it. The closet I have come, is an ad from Peavey that showed the whole two cabinet stack. I have yet to see any for sale.