Any Peavey Bassists Out There?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peaveyfury, Jan 17, 2003.

1. peaveyfury

Jan 17, 2003
    If you play a Peavey, talk about it here.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I played a Peavey Foundation for almost ten years, before I bought a six string Ibanez. The Foundation is currently loaned out to somebody who can't afford their own bass.

I now play a Peavey Cirrus 6 string. Great sounding, great looking bass that costs hundreds less than comparable quality big name sixes.

3. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I once played (Can I still be in the club?) a Peavey Cirrus 6 also. It was an amazing bass with great tone and workmanship. Uh, forgot I owned a Peavey Millennium 5 for awhile. Another very nice bass but I traded it for a Pedulla Rapture which I eventually sold too. Both great basses. The Cirrus was unbelieveable. I need to pick up a Cirrus 5. Great stuff and I always recommend them.
  4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I have a lowly Peavy Milestone II. It does play decent and has a fair sound. A Cirrus it aint.
  5. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    I have a Peavey Milestone V, it's alright.
  6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I am about to change the pickups to EMG selects, maybe that will perk it up.
  7. jbucklin

Oct 24, 2001
    I have two Peaveys---a Foundation and a T-40. I love them....especially the Foundation, which is quite the player. My back can't handle taking tje T-40 out on gigs.

My standards are pretty high as I own two USA Laklands: a Deluxe 55-94 and a Bob Glaub (serial # 007).
  8. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I have a buddy that just traded for a Rudy Sarzo Peavey. I think he got it to use as a backup, but I have a feeling it will turn into in main bass soon.
  9. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I have two and I love 'em. G-Bass strung with flatwounds and action down low. I've had lotsa rounds on it but I'm currently enjoying the slick feel of the whole setup this way. Also a Millennium 5- candy apple red, matching headstock, birdseye maple neck/board. A terrific bass that probably a lot of people would buy if they tried one. Better B string than the "popular" 5 string that everybody owns...and much more tonal options. :)
  10. Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I picked up a cirrus 6 a few months back. Walnut and Bubinga. So far, it's given me plenty of reasons to love it and absolutely none to hate it. Cirrus=Good Stuff
  11. I have a peavey T-40 and a TKO 115S for a practice amp. Nothing wrong w/ most peavey equipment. The BAM amps / enclosures are very nice stuff people.
  12. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I have an awesome peavey fury (ya know the p bass ripoff?). It was my firstbass, and I will always try to keep it around. Ya know, i am playing a Fender P now and i really can't see too much of a difference. Someday I will own a Cirrus 6!!!

Oh yeah forgot to put that I own a Peavey TNT 115 amp. I think it sounds great- and it is VERY durable.
  13. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I play two Peavey Cirrus 6ers. Fretted - flamed maple over alder. Fretless - Claro Walnut.
    Absolutely love them. They're the only basses I own now. Previously owned Fender, Yamaha, Carvin, Warwick, Roscoe etc.
    Here's a pic.
  14. gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    I play a Tiger eye 5 string. My amplification includes a Firebass II and a TVX 412.
  15. TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    Have a Peavey Foundation, haven't played it in a while neck broken on it have to get it replaced! Anyone play the Fury-6string? Just woundering what a good quality bass this is next to the foundation!
  16. LoreBard

Sep 2, 2002
    I play a 5-string Peavey Grind BXP, got it about 5-6 months ago. Beauty for the price I paid ($750, NEW) but took a little while to work out all the bugs (Getting used to the active electronics, couple of problems with the preamp) But I wouldn't have bought any other bass.

Durable bass too, it went head first into pavement and the peg stayed right on, but still damaged. I didn't want to take any chances, so I got it fixed, but with the right stuff, you could fix it youself.
    Not the scratches and dents though :(
  17. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    My Peavey is a B-Quad 4. I love playing that thing! Perfect neck size (for me) plus the neck is graphite so I don't have to worry about it shifting much when the humidity is super high here. :D
  18. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    I R looking into buying a Peavey G-Bass!
  19. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    The very first bass I got was a Peavey Patriot. Solid white and the best thing since sliced bread when I got it!!!

Recently, I picked up a bubinga Cirrus 6 with a hardshell case in the three digit price range!! Very nice bass!! Gotta put some new strings on it.

20. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    if the cirrus 5 had the same type of Assymetrical neck as the 6-string I would own 1.:oops: