Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Peavey Bassists Out There?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peaveyfury, Jan 17, 2003.

1. peaveyfury

peaveyfury

Jan 17, 2003
    If you play a Peavey, talk about it here.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I played a Peavey Foundation for almost ten years, before I bought a six string Ibanez. The Foundation is currently loaned out to somebody who can't afford their own bass.

I now play a Peavey Cirrus 6 string. Great sounding, great looking bass that costs hundreds less than comparable quality big name sixes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I once played (Can I still be in the club?) a Peavey Cirrus 6 also. It was an amazing bass with great tone and workmanship. Uh, forgot I owned a Peavey Millennium 5 for awhile. Another very nice bass but I traded it for a Pedulla Rapture which I eventually sold too. Both great basses. The Cirrus was unbelieveable. I need to pick up a Cirrus 5. Great stuff and I always recommend them.

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I have a lowly Peavy Milestone II. It does play decent and has a fair sound. A Cirrus it aint.

5. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I have a Peavey Milestone V, it's alright.

6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I am about to change the pickups to EMG selects, maybe that will perk it up.

7. jbucklin

jbucklin

Oct 24, 2001
    I have two Peaveys---a Foundation and a T-40. I love them....especially the Foundation, which is quite the player. My back can't handle taking tje T-40 out on gigs.

My standards are pretty high as I own two USA Laklands: a Deluxe 55-94 and a Bob Glaub (serial # 007).

8. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I have a buddy that just traded for a Rudy Sarzo Peavey. I think he got it to use as a backup, but I have a feeling it will turn into in main bass soon.

9. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I have two and I love 'em. G-Bass strung with flatwounds and action down low. I've had lotsa rounds on it but I'm currently enjoying the slick feel of the whole setup this way. Also a Millennium 5- candy apple red, matching headstock, birdseye maple neck/board. A terrific bass that probably a lot of people would buy if they tried one. Better B string than the "popular" 5 string that everybody owns...and much more tonal options. :)

10. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I picked up a cirrus 6 a few months back. Walnut and Bubinga. So far, it's given me plenty of reasons to love it and absolutely none to hate it. Cirrus=Good Stuff

11. I have a peavey T-40 and a TKO 115S for a practice amp. Nothing wrong w/ most peavey equipment. The BAM amps / enclosures are very nice stuff people.

12. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I have an awesome peavey fury (ya know the p bass ripoff?). It was my firstbass, and I will always try to keep it around. Ya know, i am playing a Fender P now and i really can't see too much of a difference. Someday I will own a Cirrus 6!!!

Oh yeah forgot to put that I own a Peavey TNT 115 amp. I think it sounds great- and it is VERY durable.

13. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I play two Peavey Cirrus 6ers. Fretted - flamed maple over alder. Fretless - Claro Walnut.
    Absolutely love them. They're the only basses I own now. Previously owned Fender, Yamaha, Carvin, Warwick, Roscoe etc.
    Here's a pic.

14. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    I play a Tiger eye 5 string. My amplification includes a Firebass II and a TVX 412.

15. TravellinMan

TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    Have a Peavey Foundation, haven't played it in a while neck broken on it have to get it replaced! Anyone play the Fury-6string? Just woundering what a good quality bass this is next to the foundation!

16. LoreBard

LoreBard

Sep 2, 2002
    Canada
    I play a 5-string Peavey Grind BXP, got it about 5-6 months ago. Beauty for the price I paid ($750, NEW) but took a little while to work out all the bugs (Getting used to the active electronics, couple of problems with the preamp) But I wouldn't have bought any other bass.

Durable bass too, it went head first into pavement and the peg stayed right on, but still damaged. I didn't want to take any chances, so I got it fixed, but with the right stuff, you could fix it youself.
    Not the scratches and dents though :(

17. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    My Peavey is a B-Quad 4. I love playing that thing! Perfect neck size (for me) plus the neck is graphite so I don't have to worry about it shifting much when the humidity is super high here. :D

18. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    I R looking into buying a Peavey G-Bass!

19. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    The very first bass I got was a Peavey Patriot. Solid white and the best thing since sliced bread when I got it!!!

Recently, I picked up a bubinga Cirrus 6 with a hardshell case in the three digit price range!! Very nice bass!! Gotta put some new strings on it.

[​IMG]

20. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    if the cirrus 5 had the same type of Assymetrical neck as the 6-string I would own 1.:oops: