1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any pedals similar to Fulltone Bassdrive?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NitzThompson, Jul 21, 2012.

1. NitzThompson

NitzThompson

Jul 19, 2012
    Hey guys I just have one really quick question. I didn't mind the tones that came from the Fulltone Bassdrive, but what I really found interesting about that pedal was the boost switch. So my question to you lovely people is are there any bass specific overdrive/distortions that have two or more switches like the Bassdrive did? Or are there only pedals such as the Sansamp programmable VT bass and stuff like that?

Hope you guys can help me out here. Thank you in advance.

- Nate

2. Tronographic Rusty Box.

It's like the Bassdrive X10, with no low-end loss and a great preamp as well.:cool:

3. Flymo Wang

Flymo Wang

Jan 5, 2011
    Bristol, UK
    t-rex do a similar pedal with an on/off and a boost.

i used to use a bassdrive and found the boost to be a really useful option, but now i use a bass BB preamp (sounds like the bassdrive, but with a better EQ section IMO), then i have a stand-alone boost pedal in front of the BB (phat phuk b) so i can boost the overdrive with the phuk if i need to step things up.

4. Swell B-TOD, B-Drive and B-Pro are all bass overdrive/distortion/fuzz with a second switch for a seperate gain channel.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The Homebrew Hematoma is another one.

6. NitzThompson

NitzThompson

Jul 19, 2012
    Thanks so much for all of the replies guys. I've looked at all of them and they all do seem appealing. Especially the Rusty Box. I've now ordered a Darkglass B3K to try it through my rig and am very excited. Everyone that ive seen that has purchased it is very pleased with it. I will let you guys know my findings if you're interested. Thank you once again!

- Nate

7. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Only snag with the Rusty is the 12v power requirement.

8. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    Actually 40v with a 24v min.

9. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Whoops, yeah what he said. :smug:

10. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    Still worth it for that vintage SS grind!

11. There's so many sounds buried in that pedal, although they have the B3K flavor.

I absolutely loved the samples I heard, and for some reason, made it the LAST pedal I was going to try on my OD quest almost a year ago.

Derp.:confused: