1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Photoshoppers Wanna Help Save My Band Logo?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Jimmy Bones, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Hey guys.

I am absolutely horrible with photoshop, and generally just use MSPaint for anything that needs done.

I was wondering if any of you guys were any good with photoshop, or any other imaging software, and wouldn't mind helping me redo the logo.

If you do take the opportunity to help, just post it in the thread, and me and the other band guys will have a look at it and decide which one is the absolute coolest.

Feel free to take a liberty or two in the design. While the basic design is already Trademarked, the new one will be put in use, shortly, and full artistic credits given to the creator.

Unfortunately, we're kinda on the broke side now after funding our last recording session, so I can't offer any payment. :(

But anyhow, the basic description of the logo is as follows:

A black background upon which is centered a red sillouette of a devil's head, using the rounded 'smiley face' caricature (a circle) as the shape of the head. Spaced equilaterally atop the circle are two slightly curved horns of moderate size. Centered on the right horn, and encircling it, much as a ring lands around a hoop in a carnival game, is a golden (yellow) halo, slanted to the right at a 45 degree angle.

Now, in some iterations of this logo, there is a smiley face or just a pair of black smiley face eyes.

CH.

We have one of the older logos on buttons and whatnot. I'll put up an image of the button designer's design too, since I don't care for it much and want it replaced.

Anyhow. Thanks for the look, and thanks for the help. :)

2. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    I have an idea: You come play my daughter's graduation party for free and I'll "Photoshop" your logo for you. I'll give you credit for playing the party! It'll be really cool!! ;)

3. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    If you were in Honolulu, I'd be happy to. Exposure is always a good thing. :)

4. i might be able to help.. but id need a little bit more direction. ive designed logos for people here before.

5. Green Mind

Green Mind

Aug 28, 2007
    BC/AB, Canada
    I thought it was a cat. What's your bands name?

6. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    If your trying to win a contest you might want to reconsider the concept (and include the bands name, which is kinda essential unless your apple), the angel/devil smiley has been done on girls t-shirts and emoticons all over the place...google image search turned up a whole bunch.

Like this one...

7. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Band's name is Crooked Halo.

And yea, I'm trying not to grab something off of the intarwebz. Well, not from a google image search. :)

Oh, and it isn't a contest, per se. Just figured you guys were the best resource. <3

8. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    What sort of direction are you looking for?

9. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Thats not what I was trying to imply, just that you might want to go with a different concept since no matter how nice the logo comes out people are going to look at it and go "Been there seen that"

10. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Makes sense. Hadn't really considered that.

11. beardo

beardo

Jan 16, 2009
    Random shot at it done over lunch....

brokenhalo.

I am no graphics artist... I did it in inkscape though, which is free and easier for actual content creation than Photoshop. (IMHO)

I dunno about the eyes though...