1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any pics of Rack mods for ventilation? (SVT4)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by leftyguy81, Apr 18, 2006.

1. leftyguy81

leftyguy81

Nov 11, 2005
    Ive heard about alot of people drilling ventilation holes in their racks to help their svt4-pro heads ventilate......does anyone of any picture of this that i could see?

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Are the handles or anything else important, in the way of drilling your rack, to vent your amp?
    If not you can drill many small holes, or get a hole saw, (hardware store) and drill one or more big ones to line up with your amps vent spots.
    If this amp requires a side venting case, I would think ampeg would offer one.
    Another option is the Mesa/Boogie shock case. Its got the side clearence to vent any rack device made. (without any drilling)

3. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    You know, this does not seem to be as important as people think. Well, at least according to some threads I read here on TB.

Anyway, here is another option. When I bought a rack for my SVT4, I was concerned about ventilation as well. So, I bought a rack that is shallow enough for the back 2-3 inches of the amp to hang out. Yes, I do have to remove all the cords to put the cover on it, but it has never felt too warm after two hours of playing, or mysteriously shut down on me.

I read of folks doing similar thing for certain Aguilar amps as well.