Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Pics of Sherwood Green Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peabody, Oct 26, 2005.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Howdy!

I just took delivery of a like new Dude Pit Special Edition Lakland Joe Osborn. If you haven't seen one of these, they are beautiful basses....a Skyline Joe Osborn in a Sherwood Green finish with a matching headstock, rosewood board, etc. I believe there were only 23 of these made and I was able to pick up one of the few that came with passive electronics.

Anyway, enough about my good fortune. Here's my question....this bass came with a mint green pickguard, and while that is a great combination, I was thinking maybe about exploring the possibility of putting on a different pickguard. I was wondering if anyone had any pics of a sherwood green bass with a pickguard other than a plain white or mint green. Any pics will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Dave

2. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
  3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

4. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    I used to have a USA JO w/ pearl pickguard. Looked perfect.

[​IMG]

5. MAJOR METAL

Wow Pearliod is HOT on Sherwood Green, maybe thats what i should do!

6. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    White Pearloid would be unreal on that bass. I'd love to see the photoshop of that. With a chrome "ashtray" pickup cover. Oh My...... :eek:

7. MAJOR METAL

Gosh i have one of those as well for the bass! oh no GAS in the Making :eek: :D :bassist:

8. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    I really dig the bright colors like blue, red, and green with pearl pickguards and the chrome pickup covers. I play exclusively over the bridge pickup, so the cover doesn't get in my way at all. I added covers to my blue jazz with pearl guard, my white fretless with tort guard, and my cheapo SX P/J with white guard and I love 'em all. I can't bring myself to put one on my Geddy Lee bass though, it seems wrong.

[​IMG]

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    IIRC there were 24 made, only one with passive electronics from the factory. They're great basses. The rest had J-Retro's installed from the factory.

10. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Y'know..I was thinking about the white pearloid or possibly even an aged pearloid (which is a bit more creamy). That is a beautiful look. I know this is maybe off the wall, but I was also pondering a tort guard. Anyone happen to have a picture of one with a tort guard? BTW...here's a picture of my DPLE JO.

11. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    [​IMG]

12. MAJOR METAL

Yep thats what i am going to do with my Bass! :hyper: :bassist:

13. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    That seemed to be a topic of discussion when I bought the bass off the 'Pit. Steve Barr said there was only one passive one made, but someone else said that also had one that was passive. Regardless, it's a great bass and it looks great next to my CAR Bob Glaub (with the JO neck).

14. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    Now why did ya have to go and do THAT????????

G A S......

:D

15. MAJOR METAL

Heres my Sherwood Green Sadowsky with its new Pearliod PickGard and Bell cover, thanks for the GAS guys ! :p

Attached Files:

16. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I think I'm going to have to follow suit. I'm really liking the look of the sherwood green with the white pearloid. Thanks for the suggestions!

17. MAJOR METAL

Yeah it really does go together well ! :hyper: :bassist:

18. MAJOR METAL

Would you guys say that Sherwood Green is the same as British Racing Green?

19. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I'm thinking the Sherwood Green is a little "bluer" than British Racing Green, but then again, I've never owned a Triumph Spitfire (but I always wanted one!).

PS - I decided on a cream pearloid as opposed to the white pearloid for my Osborn. I'm thinking it will give it a little more of an aged look. It's on order and I'll post a pic when it arrives.

20. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Go to Grosh Guitars's site, click on basses, then view the thumb nails. There's a gorgeous sherwood green J in there, but for some reason it doesn't have its own web address -- I pasted the link below from that photo but it looks like it will take you to the home page. Looks to me like Grosh makes excellent instruments in general.

http://groshguitars.com/