any positive musiciansfriend feedback?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gruffpuppy, Nov 28, 2000.

1. i have bought stuff from them with no problem
    Ashbory bass
    4 sets D'daddiro strings
    SansAmp Bass DI
    Fender American Jazz
    no problems at all, i thought it was a good place but now i am hearing horror stories, all these purchases were before i heard any horror stories, have i just been getting lucky?
  2. I had a good experience with them. Bought my bass from there. It showed up so fast it was scary.

3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Several purchases with no problems.....yet..:D
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I ain't never had no problems with Musicians Friend. Ain't bought nothin' from 'em, neither.

P.S. Now don't get all anal and try to count up all the negatives and divide by two. It's just a funny, OK?
  5. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I bought a Morley Wah from them and then returned it for a full refund without a hitch. This was several years ago though so I dont know if they've changed or not. My friend recently bought tubes from them without a problem.
  6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I've made several purchases from them with no problem. I even had them match lower prices from their competition.
  7. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Good phone service-i've called 2 times. 1st time to ask what the price on the Dano Baritone was [like 6mths ago] & if the Coffin Cases fit basses [just thought they looked kewl, i was in a weird mood]. Hope they're delivery is good err i hope Arthurs matches & beats their price on the Ashbory. Arthurs $350 w/tax, MF $315 w/s&h.
  8. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Coffin cases? That is cool! I'll have to check 'em out too (i'm always in a wierd mood).
  9. I've bought all kinds of stuff from them and have been more than satisfied with the service. You can return anything you don't like for a refund, so you only risk the UPS charges. If something is defective, they even pay the return UPS. From time to time they have free shipping on orders over $199, but American Musical Supply is free shipping all the time for any purchase, so I buy from them now instead of MF.
  10. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    I've heard those horror stories too gruffpuppy.
    I got a Jack Casady Signature from `em without a hitch.
    As a matter of fact, I may have unknowingly put one over
    on THEM. For the longest time, all they had was the
    gold-top version for $700+. I was lookin' for a sunburst.
    Shoulda' waited for the all-black version (much cooler
    lookin'). Anyways, I cruised by their site one Sunday
    evenin'. Maybe they were updating their site and slipped
    a digit, but there it was: A sunburst Casady for a little
    over $500. CLICK - Order Now!!! Nowadays, I spend most
    of my time at Bass Northwest - .
    I got a sweet, old fretless Ripper from `em recently. Also,
    the Warmoth Thrift Shop - .
    Keepin' an eye out for that piece that'll be the bassis of a
    "dream machine".
  11. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Slight update, i didn't order the ashbory from MF. I ordered it from IRC-the local dealer. cost same but now local & from dealer. thats all
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No problems at all. Got some strings, a stand, a bass and and amp, not to mention a tuner from them with no problem. And lo...with this post, I bring forth the senority of membership (200)
  13. heebs99

Dec 3, 2000
    i ordered by very first bass from MF, a red squier precision. came in a package deal with an amp, cable, video, strap, and a gig bag. they shipped it like warp speed, too. ive ordered from them before and ill continue to order from them. i havent heard many horror stories, keep in mind, every company will have some bad stories about it's service. but ive called many times before and asked questions and got great support from the people working their phones.
  14. Peatroosio

Apr 24, 2000
    no horror stories yet, well here you go. when i ordered my first bass, an ibanez gsr100, they sent me a rogue p.o.s, I did get $10 off my bass when the right one came though. Then one of my friends ordered a martin from them and recieved the model that cost 200 more than the one he ordered, and the prick kept it.