Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any potential Robin Hood's out there?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stratfreak, Oct 1, 2002.

1. all i got was a "page could not be displayed"

2. It's gotta be them, I checked the link after I posted and it worked fine, but now I can't get it either.

3. I get a "The requested resource is in use."

4. It's back up now.

5. cool:cool:

6. Sorry, nothing like the real thing.:D

I'm happy cause I broke my first 200!! Shoot 6 arrows 8 times and various distances (20 yards, 30 yards, 40 yards, 20 yards in 30 seconds, 60 yards, 80 yards, 100 yards, and 150 yards)

Each distance has a total score of 30 points, except for the 20 in 30 seconds. That one depends on how many arrows you can get off. I average about 7-8.

The 80 and the 150 are my toughest distances. 150 yards is a long way, scored not by hitting a target standing up, but by measureing out from a stake in the ground. And 80 is just one of those intermediate distances that I just can't seem to find and aim point for.

Rock on
    Eric

7. Gap shooting are we Eric?:D
    What kind of bow are you shooting, and what weight and draw length? I don't gap shoot, I'm an instinctive shooter, I just look at the target and let it fly. Of course consistency is a problem, especially in field rounds.

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hey Eric, exactly how expensive hobby is that? I think there is a local archery club here that has try-out courses for anyone who wants to try the sport.

Too bad it's winter soon, so I won't probably be able to try it out until next summer but..

9. I play with an 11th Century English Longbow, with a 50 lb draw at 28 inches.

And I'm mostly instinctive, especially at the closer ranges. 20 is almost nothing, just a point and shoot. But you really do have to aim at anything over about 60. You are tryin to make a piece of wood that's 1/4" across go into a black dot 2" across that are 60-150 yards apart. The probablity of missing is astronomical.

Rock on
    Eric

10. Managed to get 320. In my last round, I had to get 60 to pass. That's a bull's eye every single time and they throw changeups!

11. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    damm you! i only got a measly 235.

12. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    254 and i'm on the high score list. :p

13. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    I steal from the rich and give to the poor. Does that count ?

Du Duh kshhhhhhhhh
    :rolleyes:

14. I suck at this game... post one about slaughtering things