Any potential Robin Hood's out there?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stratfreak, Oct 1, 2002.

1. all i got was a "page could not be displayed"
  2. It's gotta be them, I checked the link after I posted and it worked fine, but now I can't get it either.
  3. I get a "The requested resource is in use."
  4. Sorry, nothing like the real thing.:D

I'm happy cause I broke my first 200!! Shoot 6 arrows 8 times and various distances (20 yards, 30 yards, 40 yards, 20 yards in 30 seconds, 60 yards, 80 yards, 100 yards, and 150 yards)

Each distance has a total score of 30 points, except for the 20 in 30 seconds. That one depends on how many arrows you can get off. I average about 7-8.

The 80 and the 150 are my toughest distances. 150 yards is a long way, scored not by hitting a target standing up, but by measureing out from a stake in the ground. And 80 is just one of those intermediate distances that I just can't seem to find and aim point for.

Rock on
  5. Gap shooting are we Eric?:D
    What kind of bow are you shooting, and what weight and draw length? I don't gap shoot, I'm an instinctive shooter, I just look at the target and let it fly. Of course consistency is a problem, especially in field rounds.
  6. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hey Eric, exactly how expensive hobby is that? I think there is a local archery club here that has try-out courses for anyone who wants to try the sport.

Too bad it's winter soon, so I won't probably be able to try it out until next summer but..
  7. I play with an 11th Century English Longbow, with a 50 lb draw at 28 inches.

And I'm mostly instinctive, especially at the closer ranges. 20 is almost nothing, just a point and shoot. But you really do have to aim at anything over about 60. You are tryin to make a piece of wood that's 1/4" across go into a black dot 2" across that are 60-150 yards apart. The probablity of missing is astronomical.

Rock on
  8. Managed to get 320. In my last round, I had to get 60 to pass. That's a bull's eye every single time and they throw changeups!
  9. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    damm you! i only got a measly 235.
  10. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    254 and i'm on the high score list. :p
  11. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    I steal from the rich and give to the poor. Does that count ?

Du Duh kshhhhhhhhh
  12. I suck at this game... post one about slaughtering things