Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

any power amps like this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Krusher, May 27, 2002.

1. Krusher

Krusher

Apr 30, 2002
    I need a power amp that does 200-300 watts at 8 ohms mono bridged and between $200-300

Is there anything out there like this?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Ampeg made a mono power amp like that...and should come in at about that price....it was basically a power amp version of the B2R.

Check eBay and other places.

Or, if it doesn't have to fit in a rack...you could buy and old Peavey bass head and plug your preamp into the power amp in jack.

Come to think of it, Peavey made some mono power amps heads too I believe.

Acoustic did one 30 years ago too...basically a power amp version of the 370 head. Getting kind of old to rely on as your only amp though.

4. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    QSC's RMX 850 can be had in your price range (just barely). Shop around.

5. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    You can get a Phonic Max2500 for $299. That would give you 1500watts at 8 ohms bridged.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    A friend of mine just mentioned that he's selling his Crown CE-1000 for $300.00.

Lots more power than you're asking for, but it's in your price range.

I believe that it's in like new condition but I've never seen it personally.

If you're interested, please let me know.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    if you can find them used, a Stewart World 250 could fit the bill for you. Bridged, 210 watts @ 8 ohms. weighs as much as a paperweight. :)

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Look at carvin power amps.. Good gear at a great price IMO

9. coolhanddan

coolhanddan

May 16, 2002
    Central NJ
    I just got one of those QSC 850 model power amps and I am only using one side of it now. It puts out 300 watts into my Peavey Black Widow 15" speaker cab at 4 ohms. I intend to get a 2x10" enclosure for the other half of the amp. I paid $299 and bridged mono, it should do about 500 watts! :D