1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any problems closing Pedaltrain PT1 or PT2 hardcase?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mouthmw, May 19, 2012.

1. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    I'm getting either PT-1 or PT-2, but I wonder if certain taller pedals ever cause problems closing the lid?
    In particular Line 6 ToneCore line and cry baby pedals?
    Based on pictures, the lid doesn't seem to have much space before the foam starts to push whatever's sticking out of the case.

I can't for the life of me find the thread now, but I found a thread where a guy couldn't close his PT-1 case with some of those pedals on the board, so he thought perhaps the 1 inch taller PT-2 might work.

Anyone ever have any issues with either?

2. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    I had the Dunlop Bass Wah on my board and managed to close it everytime. I do think the pedal (or treadle?) is being pushed down while the case is closed.

Edit: I have the PT2 with the flightcase.

3. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    no problems either, i even put extra junk in mine!

4. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
  5. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

Nov 2, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    The PT-2 ATA case is much better and stronger than the PT-1 hardcase anyway, for me that justified paying the extra... and of course you get more space for pedalz.