1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Rack bags with side vents?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Nov 3, 2013.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    Looking for alternatives to an SKB rack case.

2. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Im currently looking at the Gator GR Rack bag for one of my old Trace Elliot heads. The only rack cases I can remember with side vents were old school Anvil road racks for power amps and they had built in fans. I had an old, SWR Interstellar Overdrive preamp when they had the aluminum chasis. The three tubes would get really hot and my SWR had a dip in the top from the heat! I purchased a little clip on fan, that was small enough to fit in the rack, when not in use, and that did the trick.

3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    I just wrote to Gator about this issue, their bags do not vent on the side. they recommended
    rack case with cooling fan accessory. The bags do open front & back if that helps.
    I'm looking to put an Eden 400 in a shallow rack if it fits. The rack bag I would need to see
    the clearance.