1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any reccomendations on a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boogaloo, May 1, 2006.

1. boogaloo

boogaloo

Mar 2, 2006
    I figured with all the bar mitzvah money im gonna get i mine as well buy a new bass, because my schecter C-4 sounds like bright, muddy, poop when i turn it up loud.

right now im leaning towards a warwick corvette, because of its sustain, it's smooth yet it has that nice growl, its complete sexiness, and basically when i saw and played it it grabbed me more than any other bass there. But my local guitar center doesnt have many higher priced basses (Fender, Warwick, and MusicMan are about its extent).

I would like to in the long run be able to get bass that can have smoothness, with crazy sustain. Similair to an acoustic bass.

my fav. bass is Phil Lesh's from the Grateful Dead, but they put so much f***ing working into that bass (there's like 15 knobs on it!), and the amps, so i'll definetly settle for less.

so anybody got any reccomendation's for me?

p.s. i find five strings really cool too, but it's not some thing i feel like i really need

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I have a feeling that Nino Valenti could make you something that fits your description...

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You sure your amp isnt the problem? Im not sure ive had experience with basses sounding worse as you turn them up. Usually its the bass either overloading the amp, or the amp just sucking.