1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any recent Ampeg SVT-412HE sightings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkytoe, Apr 29, 2009.

1. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    Looking to acquire another of these beasts. Known as the "Geezer Butler" cab, it debuted at NAMM in 2003 and was discontinued by 2006. 4x12 bass cab. 4 ohms. I just love mine and decided that I need to have another as a spare.

Hard as all get out to find one on the used market. Anyone seen one of these recently in their local music shop?
    Maybe you have one for sale? If so, please p.m. or post.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
  3. funkytoe

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    Thanks for that. I did see that post back in February. But, when I called they said it was already gone.:crying:

4. I've NEVER seen one in real life. I've got an AMPEG poster w/ all their gear-from about 2004 & it's on there, & I've always thought it'd be a damn nice cab, but..... Nah never seen nor heard.. sorry. NOT that one'd be worth getting over from Aus to you... ;-) Goodluck!

5. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    You're welcome. I remember seeing a new one years ago at a little, but surprisingly nice, music store in western IL. I was there about a month ago and they didn't have it. I'll keep my eyes open!

Since Ampeg style tolex, grille cloth, badges, etc. are readily available, why not craft a replica? The specifications on the speakers should be easy enough to acquire.

6. ..yeah, I wanted one of those but didn't get one in time. Some say the 410hlf replaced it, but I think a sealed 412 would sound good with a cl/vr/SVT II whatcha think...?

jimbob

7. funkytoe

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    Thank you to everyone who responded. I think I found the only one for sale in the entire U.S. at Guitar Center in Raleigh North Carolina. Its on its way to me now...:smug:

Thanks so much. Moderator, please feel free to close this thread.

8. best...ampeg cab...ever...

ampeg4x12.

9. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    If you can't find one, the Berg NV412 is a killer sealed 412.

10. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Not so fast funkytoe... this is TalkBass and we must see photos once the cabinet arrives. Because, as we all know, no photos = no cabinet! :D

Btw, congrats on finding one so quickly!

11. funkytoe

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    Deal... Cab should arrive next week from the East Coast. I'll post as soon as she gets here.

12. xinsaneguitarzt

xinsaneguitarzt

Oct 31, 2008
    Las Vegas
  13. funkytoe

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
  14. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago