Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any recomendations?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PasterofMuppets, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Ok, kinda a broad thread..but...
    What's a decent amp? I'm lookin for something more than 30w but not something that's going to drain my money. And something I could try to convince my parents that I absolutely need. =P I currently have a Hartke b30. My band is starting to gig at a few parties and stuff, and at some bigger places I'm getting drowned out. Obviously, the world needs to hear my beautiful basslines, so I figure I need a new amp. =P
    I'm honestly not sure on how much wattage I'm lookin for, and if it means anything, I don't have a bass head or a cab, though I'm not really sure what they are either. (go easy on me, I'm just a beginner). All I have is my bass and my amp. And that's not cuttin it any more. ANY suggestions would help. Thanks

2. i heared an ampeg combo is worth your money. built in effects too!. i would say a Vox T-25 but i don't know how many watts it has. but there only about 400$.

3. 4 times the wattage of your guitar player. Minimum.

4. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Fender Bassman 100, SWR Workingman's 10, both great amps at reasonable prices.

5. Try out an Ampeg BA-115 if you can find one.