1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

any Recommendations for a 6-stringed bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bjorn, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Hi i going to buy a new 6-stringed bass, i have $1277 to buy a bass for and i want a bass that have a really good playability and o good sound and cool design:p and if you have test played the bass write to what you think about it :D

bye bye, see ya

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Well I know that I personally have started about 2 threads on this and posted in about 6 in this past week. I would say search.

But i've heard consistantly that Peavey Cirrus are really nice.

3. stingray56funk

stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I agree with the prior post of a Peavey Cirrus! I used to own a Cirrus 5 and I regret selling it a long time ago. It is a "poor-man's" Ken Smith. If I was you I would look into a used Yamaha TRB-6P! They are amazing and used top-quality woods and preamp design for Yamaha. Stunning build and carried a $3600 price tag new. You can find them used in any condition in the range of $800 to $1500. Check one out if you like wide string spacing. It has the spacing of a jazz bass. John Patitucci used one before his signature model and tons of japanese super-studio players.