Any recommendations on nickel round wound 5-string sets with a taper b??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by pd_5string, Sep 26, 2002.

1. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
  2. why is this thread in ' basses ' and not in 'strings' ??
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    My thoughts exactly.

4. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    you can get tapered d'addario slowounds...only the b string is tapered---not sure if both the .125 and .130 come tapered, though, but they sound great on my warwick thumb 6 and curbow rockwood 6.
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

Labella Slappers. and they're not just nickel plated, they're all nickel if i'm not mistaken. had them on my Elrick 5, and the tone was pretty damn nice. but i recently switched to DR Sunbeams for the heck of it. but they're not taper and have a full wrap down there. still, the Labella's will be a part of my string choices.
  6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    nickel isn't a ferrous material, sir...there's gotta be some iron in there the core maybe?
  7. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Pedulla nickels (My favorite nickels) :) . Tapered B and E strings.
  8. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Smiths or Foderas.
  9. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I'd say D'addario slowounds if your looking for a smooth feel, Elixir are good for long lasting and great sound, they are pretty smooth also:)
  10. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    oh!! you were only referring to nickel strings, well check out elixir nonetheless:D
  11. Berten

Jun 6, 2002
    Warwick yellow labels. I like them very much. The gauges are .045 .065 .085 .105 .135. They don't die very quickly and they growl!!!.
  12. blindman

Aug 14, 2002
    S.I.T. Powerwound Nickel. Very good low-end and the price is right.
  13. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow, i didn't know that the yellow labels now came with a tapered b string...el-coolio
  14. GHS Progressives are Alloy 52. They are taperwound on both the B and E strings.