Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any recorded examples of Phasers - funky ones

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bino, Dec 9, 2004.

1. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Can you think of any funky ones? I've heard that "For Love of Money" by the O-Jays is one (song on Trump's Apprentice).

2. There are a bunch of different clips @ Pigtronix.com in the "products" section - major funky.

3. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    *Dusting of my vinyl LP of the O'Jays 1973 "Ship A'hoy". Is that phaser or flanger ? It sounds like some delay making it flanger.

4. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Yeah, but only one bass clip (that works). Plus that thing has a built-in envelope filter. I already have one of those.

5. The phaser is really sweat but it's the trigger-in side-chain that's over the top - no other pedal I've seen has it. It's particularly sweet for bass because you can mike the kick drum, for example, which then triggers the envelope locking you right in with the drums - or whatever. They're also coming out with a new pedal that not only changes the speed in phaser [as the current one does] but acts as a wah when running in envelope mode. Check out some of the trumpet clips - they're sick. I'll poke Dave to see if he can fix up the bass clips section.

6. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA