1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any resident pedal modders?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Attym, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Attym

Attym

Apr 3, 2015
    i have a Boss CS-3 that I would like to mod for use with bass. Are there any members here who are know for offering this service?

2. Dash Lashes

Dash Lashes Banned

Feb 20, 2015
    why not take a stab at it yourself?
    "LINK",
    another "LINK"
    (just some net junk ;))
    another "LINK"

3. Attym

Attym

Apr 3, 2015
    Thanks.
    I'm planning on it, but would be happy to give someone something to do :)

I bought the monte albums opto plus mod

4. fuzzyhead

fuzzyhead

Mar 5, 2014
    I modded my Boss CS-3 a few years ago. I did the "Fat Body Mod" aka "More Bass Mod" this mod will make it sound much fuller, warmer, and not so 'splatty'. This mod was not to hard, didn't have to change a lot of components.

Doing this mod, you'll only have to change 7 components.

R36 - 10k to 100 ohm - Adds richness and depth
    C2 - .022 to .1uf - Allows more bass to come through
    C1 - .027uf to .22uf - Adds MUCH fullness... a lot of bottom end richness (C1 located under attack pot)
    C13 - .047uf to 2uf/2.2uf film for mod (two 1uf caps wired in parallel = 2uf) - Increases bass
    R5 - 10k to 470 ohm - Adds more 'body' to tone
    R32 - 4.7k to remove and jumper - Lower value to make the LED brighter, will add clean headroom
    D10 - 1n4148 to remove and jumper - Will add clean headroom (D1 located right above R32)

If you want to try this mod and if you have any confusion let me know and I'll try to help clear things up for you.