1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any reviews of the new Aguilar SL410? SL112 info within as well.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazzmcs, May 17, 2011.

1. jazzmcs

jazzmcs

Feb 26, 2009
    I just got my sl112 and I am floored by how good it sounds for such a tiny neo cab. I actually prefer it over my lightweight Berg AE410 cab. The sl112 sounds more natural and open to me compared to the AE410 which I always found a bit too tight sounding and not enough sizzle out of the tweeter. Of course the cab also has that distinct Aguilar sound that I'm a fan of. This got me thinking of getting another sl112 for a killer lightweight rig or maybe getting one or two sl410 cabs. My main stage cab is a GS410 which sounds great but sure is heavy. I couldn't imagine trying to stack another on top though. But a couple Sl410 cabs is definitely doable. Does anyone up here already own an Sl410? If so I'm (and prob many others) very interested to here how it compares to the GS410 and DB410.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. adrian mccullou

adrian mccullou

Dec 14, 2009
    I ordered 2 SL410s today, they will be shipping by the end of the week and I will be able to let you know what I think of them sometime after that! I am pretty stoked!

3. jazzmcs

jazzmcs

Feb 26, 2009
    I gave in to the gas and ordered a second sl112 today. I am blown away by how good these cabs sound. I own another high end neo cab btw and I like the sl112 cab far better. Let me know how the sl410 cabs sound.

4. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Finland
    Just got me a TH500. Subscribed.

5. Im very very intrigued by the SL112!

6. adrian mccullou

adrian mccullou

Dec 14, 2009
    I should have my Sl410s by Thursday or Friday. Will let you know how the look, feel and sound very soon! I haven't found any info about them so this will be a bit of an adventure although I am not really worried. Based on the research I have done, these are going to rock world. Gonna be powering them with a Shuttle Max 12 as my touring rig this summer. Cheers

7. adrian mccullou

adrian mccullou

Dec 14, 2009
    I got the call today that the sl410s are at my music store waiting :hyper:
    A nice memorial day treat awaits. Will let those interested know how they sound and look. Cheers.

8. Hizzoner

Hizzoner

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago area
    JMJ just posted recently that the Sl 112 in a pair=good stuff

9. oystein

oystein

Sep 15, 2001
    Norway, Leikong
    How is the cab? I am considering it together with my Kern IP-777/Crown XTi 2000 rig.

Oystein

10. bassistloaded21

bassistloaded21 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    review of the 410?

11. dsanders

dsanders

Jan 22, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Bump. Thoughts on the SL 410s?

12. bassistloaded21

bassistloaded21 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Saw this on the aguilar fb page

Aguilar Amplification ‎@Dennis...We are not making SL 410's right now. I don't know if you are aware of it; but it is very hard to get the material for neo drivers right now, and the price is unbelievable and goes up every time we order. Kinda crazy! This is not the case with the magnet material for the other series. Also, we have a good supply of the 12"neo drivers for the SL 112's and will continue to make those. So.....your choices for an Aguilar 4x10 are GS or DB series. Are you familiar with the the timbres of those cabs? Let me know how I can assist. (DB)

Aguilar Amplification ‎@Evan: Price and availability are both problems. If it was a simple price increase we could work with that, shave profits, charge a little more. But we can't even get a quote that is good for more than 24 hours and quantities are a big problem. I hope the situation changes; but it could take someone opening a mine in the USA or Canada.

13. dsanders

dsanders

Jan 22, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I was bummed when he replied to me and said they were currently not in production. I've decided to go with DB 410s.