Any Reviews on the New Warwick Infinitys????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Metalhead500, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Metalhead500

Jan 23, 2001
    I currently use a US masters 5 string, and a BC Rich 4 string. I use the Masters with my funk group, My bc rich with my metal group, but i am having trouble getting a traditional sound out either for my jazz gigs. I have never played a warwick but I am very interested in getting a fretless Infinity for jazz because my technique with a Standup is sub-par to say the least. any insight would be appreciated

James Wilson
  2. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    MH500, the Infinitys seem to have gone over with a resounding thud. I asked a similar question and got very little response, other than a few off line. The consensus from 2 owners was they are a good bass, but overpriced with equal or better quality basses available from Warwick and others for much less.

That said, I liked the one I A/B's at Bass Central quite a bit (5 string fretted). Good tones, light weight, and very sexy. I balked at the $2,500 price however. Probably just as well since I ended getting a Roscoe and F-bass for $3,400. If you really want one, I think you can get them for closer to $2,000 (or less) if you are patient enough to negotiate. Good luck. BTW, alot of people claim to get a standup tone from $250 Ashburys.