Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Rhapsody Fans?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, May 5, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I've only heard a little bit of their stuff, but it's so great. The most dramatic metal I've ever heard. And the dragon comes in the night, indeed. It makes me laugh, but it's so cool. Very well written stuff. I'm gonna pick up one (or more) of their CDs sometime in the future, what would you recommend for my first purchase?

:bassist: :bassist:

2. The_Corinthian

The_Corinthian

Jan 24, 2003
    Legndary tales or Dawn of victory. Both good albums. Unfortuantely, very repetitive.

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I like Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

And ditto : Rachmaninov's - Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini" !! ;)

(How many Rhapsodies are there - this could be a long thread!)

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    There's Queen's Bohemian one...

Although, to be truthful, I couldn't tell you much about the bassline on that off the top of my head :)

Wulf

6. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    It's... fragmented :)

7. herrera

herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    you can pick any record...they are all the same

the fast drums, the guitar solo from a paganini song, the bass always doing the
    dou dow da dow

bnut if you like tho heard the bass doing fast scales

the last records are the ones that you want because they put ...alessandro lotta on bass and he es preatty amazing to

algo i recommend yngwie malmsteen in the records he plays bass and it is almost the same

also check stratovarius

i really dont like power metal
    its it same almost the drums doing really fast and the snare goes like ta ta ta ta ta ta t a (giak)

except for angra and blind guardian but just beacuse of they vocalist

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah I guess one guy writes all of Rhapsody's stuff, guitar, bass, drums, vocals, orchestra, choir... whatever... the guitarist I think. And he released a solo album. You'll never believe this but it sounded like... Rhapsody.

9. The_Corinthian

The_Corinthian

Jan 24, 2003
    Yeah that would be Lucca Turilli. He released three solo albums. The new one is basicaly another Rhapsody record only the setting is in outer space.

10. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I'd recommend Dawn of Victory; still, as mentioned, once you've heard one you've heard 'em all.