1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Rhinosaur users?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Musicman1901, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    hey guys, I have recently become interested in this fuzz but have not been able to find much on it. Probably because it's new. I read it's based off of the Colorsound bass fuzz. Here is my main question. If I'm not mistaken the tonebenders are based off of a fuzz face circuit but the Colorsound bass fuzz was more so based off a modified muff circuit. So is the Rhinosaur a "muff" style pedal or what? I have a Bluebeard for my main fuzz now and I was looking for another flavor fuzz so if this pedal is muffy sounding I would probably be more inclined to pass on it. Just looking for some thoughts and opinions since its a fairly new pedal. Thanks guys!

2. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I had one for a little bit. Really liked it, but it was a sound I didn't need with the stuff I typically play. It's not muffy, it's very smooth and controlled; note articulation is good too. I think I played it with the gain and tone at noon or a little higher. I traded it away so I can't revisit it for details, but I dug it.

3. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Cool man thanks for the info. The main thing I wanted to hear was that it doesn't sound muffy. It sounds like a fuzz I would dig.