Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any S.O.D. fans out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pelvicfury, Jul 1, 2002.

1. I don't know how many of you have heard the S.O.D. but I would really like to know how Dan Lilker get's that crazy fuzz tone on his bass. There are times where his bass dosen't even sound like a bass. Anybody who has heard there Slayer cover knows what I mean. Anyways, if anybody knows what kind of Fuzz box Lilker uses, let me know, I would appreaciate it.
    p.s. Speak English or Die!!!:mad:

2. Nuclear Assault is, and has always been, one of my favorite bands. MOD too ... so yea, I'm a big SOD fan :)

Here's an interview with Lilker:

http://www.anus.com/metal/interviews/danlilker/

part of it says:
    "You were one of the first bassists to embrace playing with distortion. What engendered this decision?

Discharge, I think. Specifically the "Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing" LP. I had a Peavey Mark4 bass head that distorted if you tweaked it and that was it. I never went back. "

Hope that helps.

3. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    Hey man, you're taking me back to 1985 when i was a young die hard thrasher

UNITED FORCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I love SOD
    "SATAN EVIL HELL GOAT LETTUS CHEESE PICKLES TOMATO ON A SEASAME SEAD BUN!"

hehehehe
    well im in a peppy mood tonight
    I have a peavey mark3 head *Grins*
    I love that thing specially distorted.. i use wads of it but i dont play much metal(sept some metallica once n a while but mostly garage rock)
    i used to be a big thrasher though like its all i listened too.. like i still like some slayer and some testament but i got into jazz and blues and stuff..

GOTO A STORE PISS PEOPLE OFF!
    PLAY DISTORTIONS!
    yeah!
    lol
    see what one nails it..
    try a big muff maybe? lol

5. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    wrong forum maybe!!