Any S.O.D. fans out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pelvicfury, Jul 1, 2002.

1. I don't know how many of you have heard the S.O.D. but I would really like to know how Dan Lilker get's that crazy fuzz tone on his bass. There are times where his bass dosen't even sound like a bass. Anybody who has heard there Slayer cover knows what I mean. Anyways, if anybody knows what kind of Fuzz box Lilker uses, let me know, I would appreaciate it.
    p.s. Speak English or Die!!!:mad:

2. Nuclear Assault is, and has always been, one of my favorite bands. MOD too ... so yea, I'm a big SOD fan :)

Here's an interview with Lilker:

http://www.anus.com/metal/interviews/danlilker/

part of it says:
    "You were one of the first bassists to embrace playing with distortion. What engendered this decision?

Discharge, I think. Specifically the "Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing" LP. I had a Peavey Mark4 bass head that distorted if you tweaked it and that was it. I never went back. "

Hope that helps.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Anus.com?

:eek:

4. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    Hey man, you're taking me back to 1985 when i was a young die hard thrasher

UNITED FORCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I love SOD
    "SATAN EVIL HELL GOAT LETTUS CHEESE PICKLES TOMATO ON A SEASAME SEAD BUN!"

hehehehe
    well im in a peppy mood tonight
    I have a peavey mark3 head *Grins*
    I love that thing specially distorted.. i use wads of it but i dont play much metal(sept some metallica once n a while but mostly garage rock)
    i used to be a big thrasher though like its all i listened too.. like i still like some slayer and some testament but i got into jazz and blues and stuff..

GOTO A STORE PISS PEOPLE OFF!
    PLAY DISTORTIONS!
    yeah!
    lol
    see what one nails it..
    try a big muff maybe? lol

6. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    wrong forum maybe!!