Any Schecter 004 Elite bass owners?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ttyR2, Feb 23, 2003.

1. ttyR2

Feb 23, 2003
    Athena, OR
    Looking at a number of different basses and am interested in the Schecter 004 Elite bass. What do you guys think about 'em?
  2. I had one for awhile and loved it, sold it because I needed a 5 and wound up with a Schecter 5 to replace it.
  3. Xavier

Jan 3, 2000
    NO CAL
    I just bought one online and should be receiving it this week. I tried one out at GC and couldn't put it down. The playability was nice and the construction seems sturdy for a Korean bass. I have small hands and this bass felt very comfortable. I will post some feedback once I get it. There is a similar looking model "stiletto elite 4" which I did not care for so try before you buy.:bassist:
  4. Xavier

Jan 3, 2000
    NO CAL
    Got the bass last weekend and it's better than expected. It plays wonderfully and plus the looks are awesome. The tone can be adjusted for all types of music. I play everything from Country to reggae. I'm guessing this a neck thru since the neck is not bolted, but it looks glued on? I recommend checking one out.

Here's a link
  5. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I actually have a really wierd one labeled "Elite 4" but it has a mahogany core. I think that someone had it specially made and then sold it right away to the music shop or Schecter simply botched one that was supposed to be a Studio 4.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with an Elite 4. It's a remarkable bass for its price. I have honestly never seen anything like it. A neck-thru active at that price; incredible. It's sounds better than the higher end Fenders and G&L and can cost like $500 less. It's amazing.
  6. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Oops, sorry, you wanted reviews about the 004. For some reason I thought you wanted the Stilletto Elite 4. No matter, it's probably still a great bass.
  7. bamageo

May 18, 2005
    I own the Schector oo4 Elite. I also own a 1973 Jazz, which I retired in favor of the diversity of sound from the active elite. This bass is beautiful (I have the red burl look), plays well (good sound at the higher frets), and as mentioned many divergent tones. As a cover band bassist (over 30 years), the ability to switch tones easily from one song and genre to the next is especially appealing. I use Rotosound 77s, run through a sansamp 21, into a Fender BXR 200. A really good setup with major sound beginning at the Elite 004. I reccomend you try it.
  8. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    I like the 004 and the Elite 4.

They're both awesome in their own ways.
  9. Chowowbus

Mar 24, 2009
    Olympia WA
    I have an 004. I love it! I have other basses but this one is my favorite.
    IMHO Schecter = best bang for the buck.
  10. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!!

I thought the 004 was no longer made?
  11. bassplayer7768521

Jun 30, 2009
    The post is from 2003 ;)
  12. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!!

13. Getaway Driver

Getaway Driver

May 31, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    it's the "Stargazer" now.