1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any soulful bass solos

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Bass-desires, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Bass-desires

Bass-desires

Oct 25, 2008
    El paso, TX
    Any good soulful bass solos you can recommend?

Something with emotion and some groove?:cool:

Thanks

2. jrklmx(Andrew)

jrklmx(Andrew)

Mar 31, 2009
    Victor Wooten - "Bass Solo over DMB #41"

3. Bass-desires

Bass-desires

Oct 25, 2008
    El paso, TX
    :eek::eek::hyper::hyper::bassist:

Very Nice....not quite what I was looking for, but sweet vid.

Maybe I am looking for the thing that I myself can create.

Just looking for something that has some raw emotion to it, doesn't even need to be a solo. Or even something that you feel has got some raw feeling. Haha thanks guys.

4. Hi! Set pieces are one thing and improvisations are another.
    For you to select something set, you can buy stuff on sheet-music and in books whereby the composer can collect royalties but you leave things wide open by asking on the intenet because th composer may not be able to claim anything.
    Improvisation comes with years of experience as in the Jazz genre. Then the onus is on yourself.

5. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

6. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Muzz Skillings in "Broken Hearts" from Living Colour's first album. Short, and super soulful!

7. Not a solo perse, but Weather Reports "Barbary Coast" is an awsome groove. Gotta love that Jaco.

8. mrbass02

mrbass02

Nov 15, 2008
    indy
    MORE LOVE BY VICTOR WOOTEN IS MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE BASS SOLO. LEARN IT, IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!

AWESOME EMOTION AND GROOVE! JUST WHAT YOURE LOOKIN FOR!

9. primus150

primus150

Mar 29, 2009
    Best bass solo ever - Les Claypool's "The Awakening". Not sure if you like the funk sound, but it's hard to resist tapping your foot to.

10. Cyber Soda

Cyber Soda

Sep 24, 2008
    I dunno, maybe it's because I was just playing something of his, but simple and soulful always make me think Larry Graham. Maybe that'll help?

11. joe190

joe190

Apr 26, 2009
  12. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    It's a matter of taste really but I don't really like bass solos, but this hit's the spot.