Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any South Siders?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jive1, Aug 5, 2003.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Just curious. Anybody here from the South Side of Chicago?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i live in the south side of san antonio :eek:

it can be rough!

3. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Well, I grew up on the Southwest side -- 35th and Damen. But I left in '73 to join the Air Force and have only been back a couple times to visit. A lot changes in 30 years...

4. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    I am quite fearful when on the south side!

I live in the western suburbs. Though, I've lived in a few spots in Chicago. Once on School Street, (Ive forgetten the cross streets) once on Paulina and once past Augusta on Sacremento. Thankfully I live in the suberbs! City life was rough

5. Goalee1

Goalee1

Jul 1, 2003
    DC/VA
    Former North sider (Clark and Irving) worked on the south side (35th and state) now residing in DC. G1

6. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Former Northsider now living in Colorado

White Sox blow!!!! Go Cubs!! :D ;)

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I spent my childhood at South Side.. of Oulu ;)

It was hard alright, damn you need mad skillz to be able to make an 'S' sign with your fingaz to show at your homiez!

:cool:

8. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    WORD!!!

I was one of the few Cub fans on the Southside. Makes for a brutal childhood. I used to live in Colorado too.

BTW, the South Side isn't a bunch of bad neighborhoods. There's plenty of places that are somewhat safe.

9. Goalee1

Goalee1

Jul 1, 2003
    DC/VA
    Hey Jive, where are you in Fairfax? I'm in DC. And yes I was one of the few Sox fans on the north side. And lol, there are plenty of "safe" neighborhoods south of Chitown. Just the hoods off of 90 from 35th to 95th may be a bit sketchy. G1

10. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Rob B, in case you didn't know that neighborhood is not the same as it was in 1973. Lots of crime and gangs there. It's cleaned up a little lately.

Actually some of the neighborhoods south of 95th are sketchy like out by Corliss High School and such. Where you worked, G1 was quite a sketchy part of town. Did you work out by Warshavsky's or someplace like that?

I'm out by Chantilly HS now. Quite a difference from where I grew up by Midway Airport (55th and Central). I think I'm moving up in the world, but still feels wierd. My mom has moved out of the SS to to the western suburbs. Feels wierd to visit home. Maybe I don't adjust to change well.

Check out the gig calendar and come check out my band, The Black Cat Blues Band if you'd like and we can BS about that same old place. White Sox fans will have to buy their own drinks.:D