Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Spector Fans out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deichman, Feb 22, 2005.

1. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    I waited 9 months for this bass, a water cured redwood burl NS5XL. I custom ordered this bass through Bass Central in Florida. Thanks to Gard for all of his help. Also thanks to PJ Rubal for putting up with my requests. This bass is awesome. I love exotic woods (obviously) but the bass must also sound and play right. This one does.

2. That's a wonderful bass you got there! What were your special requests?

You'll find out that there are many Spector fans/users on this site.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    *stabbity death*. Very sweet Spec man! Hopefully someday I'll join the ranks of a USA NT owner...but my Korean bros will hold out for now :D

Ray

4. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    This bass is one of the "water cured burled redwood" basses Spector has on their "what's new" page. They normally sandwich the redwood top to a walnut back. I requested a tiger maple body core and a burled redwood top AND back. They were a bit reluctant to do it, but gave in as I persisted. There were a couple of requests they would not honor. I wanted them to make the center of the neck tiger maple. I have a Ken Smith with tiger maple in the neck and it very nicely compliments the tiger maple body core. I also wanted them to use the redwood as a laminate on the headstock. They refused both. I begged but gave up, they weren't giving in. Oh well, it's still a one of a kind. I LOVE IT!!!! :bassist:

5. I have a mere Rebop 5 fretless. Love it but wish it was wider & 34". While I'm wishing, might as well wish it was 6 string. Yeah- I wish, I wish, I wish(closes eyes & taps heels together)...

6. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    My US JH5EX Spalted is on a UPS truck somewhere in my town looking for me!!! I'll post pics when I get it. I also did some special stuff, just wait.

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Such a sweet bass... The thing abotu Spectors- when you get one, you aren't just a player or owner, you are a convert! Long live the cult of Spector :D.

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Read my line under my user name :D. So so true...you never look back! And somehow, you GAS for more Spectors... I bet they lace them with something

Ray :bag:

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Thats a real beauty. If Spector made a US or Euro model with a smaller neck, I'd HAVE TO own one.

10. Holy crap guys! One of my bass idols used a Spector 4! I just noticed that John Myung was using a Spector 4 string in the Images and Words dvd!!!

11. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas

My first Spector was a NS5XL quilted maple natural oil finish. I ordered the burled redwood before I purchased the quilt. I played my guitar players Spector and was converted. That's when I ordered the redwood bass. But I couldn't wait and picked up a "hardly used" quilted NS5XL. I have owned and/or still do own many basses; Guild, Modulus, Fender, Roscoe, Ken Smith, Ibanez, etc....................... There is something about these Spectors. Maybe you're right..............they're laced with something.

Keep thumpin. :bassist:

deichman

12. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas

Don't forget us with those pics. I am looking forward to seeing what you have.

deichman

13. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Any Spector fans out there you ask???? Man oh man, that sure is a beauty! Congrats! :crying:

14. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I'm still waiting on the damn BROWN truck!!!!!!! ARRGGHGHHGGG!!!!!!! How can I wait for 6 months without a problem and today I am about to have a heart attack???

15. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
  16. Dang... now my SSd looks ugly. :bawl:

17. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    wowza! One of the nicest spector's ive seen.

18. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Hot damn! That's a beautiful bass you've got there.

I'm in the same boat as Firkin right now, waiting for my NS-JH5 to be shipped... I've only been waiting a few days so far, though (I bought it used.) I can't imagine waiting 6 months... I'd go insane! :D

19. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Good god... :eek:

You know, we're made with an extra kidney for reasons like these.