Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

any suggestions for this rack??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ErikKrueger, Oct 12, 2002.

1. hello there,

i was just wondering what you guys think would be some good additions/modifications to my rack set up.. her it is:

gallien krueger 1001rb head
    alesis nano compressor
    bbe 362 sonic maximizer
    behringer ultra-q pro eq

what do you think would make a better sound or anything like that with a warwick nt 5 string thumb being run through it??

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Since this is a "sound producing" rig (and not a "reproducing" one), if you like the BBE then by all means use it.

However I have serious issues with their basic "technology" being full of crap, so I'll never buy one :).

Other than that, a Thumb sounds pretty good already. :D I'd add some sort of overdrive, myself (unless the GK has one?) but that of course has to do with my tastes, not yours.

3. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I'd swap the Sonic Maximizer for a KORG Rack tuner. A power conditioner would be pretty smart too... I know Furman makes an all in one power conditioner/tuner. They're available at Musician's Friend.

4. I use a compressor sent to a BBE 362 with my Warwick set-up and it sounds great!

5. If not swap, at least an addition. It's very handy to have the tuner mounted right in the rack. Tuning on the fly is convenient, and - it looks cool.

6. yeah i know... i intended on getting the tuner and p.c., but i was just asking for the sound type stuff in this thread... and yeah.. i use distortion a bit with the boss odb-3 :D

7. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    if you like your GK and you are happy with the tone.. leave it that way.. I personally just use my bass and preamp for tone.. I like to be clean... I second getting a tuner and P.C.. I wouldn't get the furman power conditioner/tuner in one though.. I have heard that the tuner isn't as accurate as it should be.

8. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    * SansAmp RBI Rackmount Bass Tube Emulator

* Rack-Tuner