Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any super-duper techs in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SoyBase, Nov 12, 2004.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I need a tech/luthier in Atlanta for some possible wiring/fixes for my onboard preamp.

I know Mike at Southeast Guitar Repair, but he's way out of my way.

Thanks
    Tommy

2. WAKOJACO

WAKOJACO Guest

Jul 5, 2000
    Binghamton, NY
    Peter Jones. Lives in Conyers and will work from home. Or you can find him at Atlanta Discount Music on Saturdays. Best in town.

Good Luck

3. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Awesome..you have his #? You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.

Edit: Turns out he'll be there tomorrow..I'm going to swing by and see what they can do.

I thought they were out of business, but I was wrong!

4. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    Hmmm, I don't think they have shut down. They did, however, change locations. They are now located off of Peachtree Industrial Blvd across from the Lowe's. 4934 P'tree Road is what the website says.

I can also vouch for Peter. He did a nice refret job on an old fender of mine. He does nice work. Be prepared to wait though. He has a load of work to do and usually requires a week or two for all but the most simple jobs. Worth the wait though.

Good luck.

5. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Yeah, I just edited my post.

They had a "estate sale" so to speak...glad to hear they are back around though! One of my favorite stores!

6. Mike has done work for me and a couple of my friends. But we all had a similar experience; excellent work, but ended up costing a lot more than the original estimate. I took a bass in for new pots, wiring, shielding and truss rod adjustment. Estimate was $100-$125. When I picked it up....$200.

But it was excellent work. So...I'd use them again.

Does anyone know if Burt Foster is around Atlanta anymore?

7. WAKOJACO

WAKOJACO Guest

Jul 5, 2000
    Binghamton, NY
    Did you see Peter or do you still need a number?

8. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Well, I went on Saturday but he was out sick..I'm going to call him this week and see if I can't set something up.

Thanks!
    Tommy

9. WAKOJACO

WAKOJACO Guest

Jul 5, 2000
    Binghamton, NY
    Tell hime that you'll come by his place and wait, if it's a quick fix. Otherwise, be prepared to play your backup for awhile...He's in demand.