any svt4-pro users? bi-amping?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman_2_1, Jan 12, 2006.

1. bassman_2_1

Dec 31, 2005
    hi i am currently using an svt4-pro with and ampeg BXT115"-hl and BXT410"hl both 4 ohms cabs. bloody hell this setup really ace! But any users used the bi-amp function on the amp with this combination of speakers? i really wanna try and get an even punchy bass end (like flea), i know he also uses his stack bi-amped? as the svt4 offers a crossover control i am not too sure where or what frequcies i should start pumping into what speakers? would i be better getting a separate crossover unit? or is any1 using the crossover on this amp and satisfied ? cheers
  2. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    try first using the crossover of the amp. Verify the frequency response of both cabs. The bxt115 works best on lower freq, 50hz to 100hz. The bxt410is more midrange, try on the 400hz to 1khz. Follow all the hook up and stereo/mono switch instructions on the manual. Using the knob of the crossover you will select from which frequency above and below the cabs will receive. For example, if yo set as 300 hz, then form 300hz and below will go to the low channel and form 300hz and above will go to the high channel. the balance will provide more or less power to low/high channels.
    Now, you have to test! biamp sound is not easy, and will change from place to place. The acoustics of each gig will change your crossover settings. Be careful on the EQ settings also, start them flat. find the clossest sound on the x-over and then compensate with EQ. Watch for not to crank bass settings, the low end speaker will start farting.

now enjoy yourself disturbing the neighboors!! :hyper: and police visits:bassist: :D

Have fun
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I just got done trying this. But I had to reverse the cabinet assignments. 410 for lows, 15 for high. I can tell that my Avatar 115s does NOT put out a lot of 100hz and below. My Goliath III stomped all over it.

Anyway, interesting experiment. Sounded very clear. I thought that driving two cabs will full range signals was louder though.