Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any TBers from the Moncton (N.B.) area?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Groove Reaper, Aug 23, 2005.

1. I was wondering if there were any other TBers from my neck of the woods(Dieppe,Moncton, Riverview, Memramcook) cause I haven't seen any. are there even any from New Brunswick other than myself?

2. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    hey, i was born there,i use to live on orleans st in dieppe,last time i was there played at a club very close to dieppe corner,it's been 25 years;i live in ontario now :cool:

3. Right on man I thought I was the only raggin' acadien :bassist: on TB...25 years ago was before my time (I'm 19) but that club wouldn't be 1755 would it? that's not to far from my house

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm over here by Seattle, Washington, USA.

-Mike

5. Were are you from originaly?

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA.

-Mike

7. Loel

Oct 31, 2004
    hey groove,yeah that's it 1755,bottom of the hill on the left comming from dieppe corner big parking lot in front;wow man that was in 1980,we tour'd the maritimes,nb,ns,nfl,on the way back we played another club there on the left heading towards the airport;that was also at dieppe corner(may not be there anymore) i don't know;we use to play country rock,TB is everywhere :cool:

8. I live in Charlottetown PEI, born and raised, I'm probaly the closest to you.

9. I don't live in Canada, but I do live with the other group of Acadians (that's the Louisiana sp.) They speak french, I don't I stay away from them, they're strange, and they eat almost anything.

10. Haha yeah I heard those cajuns can be kind of crazy...then again you would probably think we were a little crazy too :p

11. Wow woodenteeth that sounds awesome :cool: I hope to start a band one day and be able to tour the maritimes but I'm gonna have to get some decent gear first but that won't be for a while cause I go to university (U de M)...being a poor university student sucks! :spit:

12. Loel

Oct 31, 2004
    hey groove, being a university student is good;being poor sucks!! :eyebrow:

13. yeah, I'm just poor, and that sucks, esspecially when you get arrested, lawyer fees are a b^&ch.

14. That's what I meant...I just envy those kids that their parents pay everything when it comes to university cause if my parents paid my tuition I would have a sweet Ric 4001 in my hands right now :( but I guess when I finaly get my dream bass it will be that much sweeter cause I had to work hard for it...oh well maybe next year

15. I just decided to try and buiild my dream bass, it's going to take me a long time though.