any Tb'ers wanna give me a hand with my Design paper?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I'm currently writing a papers on "pro bono" work for my design class. This means work that is done by designers free of charge.

I'm suppose to talk about people who do it, and people who don't do it because they feel it's a waste of time.

Unfortunitly I can't find anything on anyone who feel that "pro bono" work isn't worth the effort. So any graphic designers here? Could someone, anyone, give me a hand with this. I'd appreciate it!

(A web page or text reference would be helpful, so i can use it in my bibliography)
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's a good thing that you clarified what "pro bono" means because it would have just been a matter of time before Mike Money chimed in that he is for boners as well.

brad cook
  3. I'm all in favor of U2.

No, wait...

Dang, I wish I had something to help you out with. Have you tried a internet search? I know that there is a graphic arts institue here in Portland (Portland Art Institute) so you might be able to try there.

Rock on
  4. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    LOL, but ya know... I doubt that'll stop him from doing so.
  5. i'm all about boners.

why wouldn't someone do the occasional pro-bono one-off project if it will raise your profile and improve your portfolio? i have been thinking a lot about how if you look at everything in terms of "money in, money out" you will end up making a lot less money than if you have an actual soul and some business acumen.