1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any TB'rs in Hollywood area or Austin TX area....need info

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by streetknight, Jan 23, 2012.

1. streetknight

streetknight

May 27, 2011
    So my favorite band is touring this year, but haven't booked any dates on the east coast yet. Couple friends and I are thinking of flying to the Austin or Hollywood show. I've never been to either.

Any locals got advice on where or where not to stay, other stuff to do, etc. Gonna br late March, early April

2. If your fave band is playing an official SXSW venue in Austin forget trying to see them, you're too late. If it is an un-official event you might have a chance. There is lots to see and do and most hotels seem to be in safe areas, luckily Austin does not have the DMZ areas that other cities have. You will have to rent a car as public tranz is very hit and miss.

3. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Austin has lots to do, it all depends on what you like. Almost everything I do here is either music or outdoor related. I could list hundreds of things to do, but I'm not going to tell you about the awesome rock climbing if that doesn't interest you at all. If you share some interests, we'll be able to help you better.

4. streetknight

streetknight

May 27, 2011
    Mainly other music stuff. The show is at what I assume a small club....Dirty Dog I think its called. It's on a Wednesday or Thursday night. Just thought I may hang out for a couple days...always heard Austin was a cool town