1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any teen age bassists near Brighton, Colorado!?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Eric Albany, May 27, 2011.

1. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    I've been tryin' to find a bassist in Brighton, Colorado that's close to the same age as me( I'm 15), but no one seems to fit the bill! It's soooo boring here. None of my friends can play a stringed instrument to create what we call music. I wanna know if any of the bassists on TB that live in Colorado, currently live in Brighton and happen to be a teenager. Are there any of you out there?

2. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    Bump

3. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    Bump

4. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Coming from another teenaged bassist (though not in your area unfortunately), it's not wise to post your age and location on the Internet. Just saying. But I agree, there aren't too many (skilled) teen musicians in my area either.

5. thombo

thombo Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Denver, CO
    +1 on cjmod's advice.

I'd suggest posting in local music stores. You may not find other bassists, but you will find musicians at the Mojo Music Academy in Longmont or the Denver School of Rock might be worth checking out. If your school has a jazz band, try out as the bassist.

6. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    I didn't use my real name as my user name and I'm just close to Brighton, not in it. Also not real age. I am a teen though.

7. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Ah.
    But yeah, not having other musicians around can be frustrating. Hang in there though, they're there if you look hard enough.

8. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    Kool. Good enough for me. I'll keep this thread goin as long as I can and hope that I can find some one who is a match. ::fingers crossed::

9. crozier247

crozier247

Jan 16, 2011
    I'm but sadly on the east coast, otherwise I'd love to help. However I can give advice, try posting an add in the paper or try asking around school.

10. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    Both of the bass players at my school graduated. They were seniors(the class of 2011) and I never got to talk to either of em. :rollno:

11. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Check on Bandmix.com for any local listings.

12. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
  13. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    Just posted in it.

14. If you're in a jazz band maybe make it a point to try to talk to bass players from nearby high schools as well? Bandmix has been pretty hit & miss for me. The suggestion of contacting the music schools is good as well. There are also a couple in Broomfield and one in Louisville that I know about.

15. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    Bump

16. nice post

17. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    Bump :help:

18. My real name is my user name. It even has my age. How many perverts do you think are on TB anyway? It's TB. Not Myspace! If I were a pervert, I wouldn't be looking for little kids on a Music forum. Just sayin'...

19. Eric Albany

Eric Albany

May 22, 2011
    You can still get onto TB with out an account.