Any Texas A&M Alumni here ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 21, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Any Texas A&M Alumni here ? I have never been to the University nor Texas so I would really be interested in some feedback on either. I am considering the Bush School of Goverment at A&M for an MA in International Affairs. Thanks

2. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    my sister went there. it's a GREAT school.

but it's in a redneck/boring town and the vibe is extremely conservative....

and the football team is on the down trend :)

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    MM,

I'm a Texas Aggie! Class of '98. What would you like to know specifically?

When I was in college I knew few to no students who would agree with Bayou Brawler's assessment that the town is boring. I never had any trouble finding anything to do. In fact sometimes I found too much to do. It's definitely not Austin but Austin is just down the road if you want Austin.

He is correct though in saying that overall the atmosphere is conservative. There is a lot of diversity though and I took part in a lot of great cultural experiences through the university. They have world-class musical acts and shows coming through there. I'm fond of College Station and my wife and I talked about moving back but decided to stay in Waco for now.

I could go on but let me know what you want to know. That government school seems pretty impressive. When they first opened that complex along with the Bush Library I got to take part in a lot of the festivities because I was working in the International Programs Center which was located in one of the buildings there. If you end up there we'll definitely have to get together at some point!

bc

4. MAJOR METAL

Thanks Brad , I will PM you. :)

5. MAJOR METAL

Anyone else ?

6. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like a good degree plan. TAMU is great for business degrees among others. I'm in Austin though, however, I'm not biased.

Both UT and TAMU have their advantages. Austin is just a place you'll get stuck living in and will not want to live anywhere else. You can always do that later too.

I have only spent weekends in College Station, and they were mostly for car related events at Texas World Speedway. So, don't ask me where to go for night life or other activities.

Austin - lots to do, lots of diverse people here. Lots of outdoors activities from boating, hiking and this is a big biking city too. Lots of live music as well.

If you do attend TAMU, just make sure you graduate. =)

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Not here.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021