1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any thoughts on the Saffire Pro 14 ?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by SansFret, May 19, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm looking to buy a FireWire recording interface. Right now, I have my eyes on a Presonus FireStudio Mobile or a Saffire Pro 14.

I have read a lot of good reviews about the FireStudio, but not much on the Saffire Pro.

Any of you guys have experience with it ? Would you recommand the Saffire or the FireStudio?

Thanks!

2. paparoof

paparoof

Apr 27, 2011
    Minneapolis
    fEARful koolaid drinker
    I have one and I love it. It's the only "real" interface I've owned so far so I can't give you a comparison to anything else.

I can tell you it serves my purposes well. I use it on three different Windows machines and I have not had a single problem with it - no weird hardware/driver issues. Plug it in and it works. It's solidly built, the knobs are tight and smooth and it feels like quality equipment to me. The Saffire mix control software is real software, it's well laid-out, and it's never crashed on me.

The only regret I have is that I wish I'd spent the extra 50 bucks for the PRO24 - it has an optical (ADAT) input you can use to add their OctoPre (8 more XLR pre's). The PRO14 doesn't have the ADAT input.