1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any TI Superalloys user's here?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Loel, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    I love my TI flats 344's but not the tension,
    so i'm thinking of trying superalloys,
    what could i expect with superalloys in terms
    of roundwound feel 4 string set;

tension
    fretware
    feel on fingers
    long lasting
    gauges

comments appreciated

2. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    I should be getting one set (5 string extra long) to try out during October. Going through yet another of my "trying out strings" phases (they're expensive :atoz:).

I would really appreciate comments and experiences as well.

3. billbern

billbern

Sep 11, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Fl
    Endorsing: Inearz In-ear Monitors
    I've used TI Superalloys on my 55-01. One note, the extra long B string was too long, strung through the body I still have the full diameter winding on the tuner. Scary, but no problem, did not crack or anything.
    Nice strings, medium tension, nice feel. They mellow quickly with a nice "creamy" high end, then stay that way for a long time.

My sound clips in this thread are TI Superalloys

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showth...ght=dual+coils

4. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    On my Alder / Rosewood Sadowsky they had a great low mid punch but kinda lacked a little on the high end. The bass sounded mean though. I put them on a ash / maple L-2000 that was kinda thin sound and they did the trick. And the high end on this bass were very balanced.

I think they are great for a bass that needs some thickness down low. But if the bass is inherently dark, they may not be the best depending on what you are going for.

Dave

5. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    I usually prefer to "tame" the top end of my L-2500 and like a good ol' bump at 500-750 Hz, so these may be just the ticket. :hyper:

Hmm... Was that the 40-120 set that fits up to 36" scale? I was planning on getting this in order to go through the body on my 34" G&L. But if the B string was too long through the body for the 35" Lakland, I may have to stick to the standard long scale set. :meh:

Thanks guys!

6. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    They're mellow and fat sounding rounds with a smooth feel and medium/low tension. The long scale and extra long scale sets are different gauges, meant to maintain the feel I think. Tension/stiffness is about the same as hi beams 45-105, or slightly lower.

7. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    Ahh thanks for the replys,
    i'll be using these on alder
    jazz 4 string,so 45-105 SA
    should be ok,there 27. at
    strings and beyond..

8. Ive been thinking of trying a set if these on my Sterling.

Seems they may be the ticket.