Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any tips for relocating 1500 miles?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AuG, Oct 24, 2005.

1. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    So I'm going to be moving to Fort Collins, Colorado from Chicago sometime in January. Really I'm looking for suggestions on how much money to save, and any experiences you guys have had moving a substantial distance from your home town/state. I don't plan on having a job when I get out there, I know I can work with my brother in-law doing handy-man stuff like building fences and installing sprinkler systems and whatnot. I'll be sending out my resume' to anyplace that's hiring, but I want to have to plan in case I don't get a job lined up.
    The whole reason for moving is personal, I want to spend time with my old man since he's not doin well, and I'm sick and tired of the midwest. I need a scenery change, and I think the Rockies will suffice. :)

Thanks all for your input.

AuG

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, Ft. Collins has some beautiful scenery all right. The most beautiful sunset I've ever seen was just down the road in Loveland.

brad cook

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Besides moving expenses, three months salary that you are used to now. If it is going to cost more to live in Colorado, then increase that total.

-Mike

4. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Eight years ago I moved from north-central Connecticut to Orange County, California. It was like moving to a foreign country that happened to have the same language and currency.

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    And now 8 years later you donated a QSC PLX 1602 to your favorite tb'er because he can't afford your great product.

:bag:

Ya...I said it :0

on another note, I recommend you make sure the area you move has enough bass related fun.

6. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

That's pretty much what I figured. I don't think Colorado will be more expensive persay, but the chance of finding a well paying job is about half what it is in Chicago. Looks like I got some saving to do. :meh: Well, not that much.

Thanks Mike

AuG