1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any tip's on buying a pre-owned bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MyNameIsMUD, Sep 30, 2003.

1. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    As I start to see, I am one poor mudda-fudda so I may need to find something that isn't so... new...
    (btw, yes i did a search suprisingly I couldnt find anything..:confused:)
    So... Do any of you have any tip's on buying a pre-owned bass? Where is the best place to look? I have heard horror stories about ebay, anyone here have some? or advice for using ebay so I dont end up with a story of my own.

just a little FYI I think I am going to be in the market for a used (made in USA) peavey or G&L since they arent as well known and should be easier to find a decent price on.

thanks

2. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    kool, but just as it was getting down to the good stuff it the next page wouldnt load.. :bawl:

3. "Bass guitar is a lot easier to play than guitar as you're only playing single notes as opposed to chords. This means the player uses one finger at a time, instead of 4 fingers as on guitar." -vmcbass.com

what a depressing quote...:(

4. I CONCURE

:eek: Treena

5. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    It's hearing/reading such blasphemy such as that that truely inspires me to become a better bassist.

anyway, back to the topic. more specifily, ebay(seeing how I just found a killer deal on a bass I want :p)

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Don't buy basses from eBay - it is evil!!

Seriously, I would never buy a used bass without trying it extensively first!