Any tip's on buying a pre-owned bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MyNameIsMUD, Sep 30, 2003.

1. MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    As I start to see, I am one poor mudda-fudda so I may need to find something that isn't so... new...
    (btw, yes i did a search suprisingly I couldnt find anything..:confused:)
    So... Do any of you have any tip's on buying a pre-owned bass? Where is the best place to look? I have heard horror stories about ebay, anyone here have some? or advice for using ebay so I dont end up with a story of my own.

just a little FYI I think I am going to be in the market for a used (made in USA) peavey or G&L since they arent as well known and should be easier to find a decent price on.

2. MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    kool, but just as it was getting down to the good stuff it the next page wouldnt load.. :bawl:
  3. "Bass guitar is a lot easier to play than guitar as you're only playing single notes as opposed to chords. This means the player uses one finger at a time, instead of 4 fingers as on guitar."

what a depressing quote...:(

:eek: Treena
  5. MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    It's hearing/reading such blasphemy such as that that truely inspires me to become a better bassist.

anyway, back to the topic. more specifily, ebay(seeing how I just found a killer deal on a bass I want :p)
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Don't buy basses from eBay - it is evil!!

Seriously, I would never buy a used bass without trying it extensively first!