Any TraceElliot AH250 owners?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pertila, Oct 7, 2002.

1. pertila

Mar 17, 2000

I have old Trace AH250 amp with 11 band EQ. It has 2 speaker ouput. Normal 1/4" jack and one XLR jack. My amp gives 250W/4Ohm. Can i connect 8 ohm cabinet in both of these speaker outputs and get total 4 ohm resistance?

Or can i use only one speker outputs at the time? I am little bit confused becouse there isn't 2 similar output...

- HuuHaa
  2. bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Yes, you can. I owned one of these for about 7 years, and they're brilliant amps. But the speaker connections are a bit daft - one cannon, and one 1/4 inch. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I've got no idea what it is!
  3. pertila

Mar 17, 2000
    Thanks! I asked this also from Trace-Elliot (by email) but they hasn't answered...

So i can connect two 8 ohm cabinets. Yeah!

I love this amp. But I am afraid that it don't have so much time left... Do you have any succestion for next amp? Something that have little bit same kind of metallic and hard sound. Works for me ( i play with pick).
  4. zoran

May 10, 2002
    i had trace combo 300w 4x10" . With adding 15" cab you can get fine bottom end, but for a pick playing it s too clean and sharp.

Try to find warm cab with this head .