1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Tradition Bass players out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 597feetdown, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Whenever I play a gig with my 5-string, I have quite a few people ask me what kind it is. When I tell them it's a Tradition, they look at me like I'm trying to explain string theory to them. So then I have to go into "Well, they're not well-known, they're based out of Texas, blahblahblah."

So, does anyone else play a Tradition? Mine's a B105. The biggest reason for me getting it was simply price. It's tough to find reasonably priced lefty 5-strings out there, and this was $400 new from a guitar shop based out of Sarasota. While the pickups themselves leave something to be desired (very midrangey), everything else is solid as hell, so the price tag is more than fair. I've attached a pic of me playing it just last night at an open jam.

Attached Files:

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

From checking their site they look nothing special, much like generic Cort production.
    Without a strong visual identity they are hard to recognize.
    Actually I'm pretty sure that if you posted nothing but your pic, nobody would be able to recognize the instrument.

3. I'm aware that these basses are "nothing special." I'm also aware that if I just posted the pic, no one would know what it was. That's why I DIDN'T just post the pic; I also described it.

My point was not to claim that these instruments are something special or amazing, but I do like mine, and I was merely curious if anyone else had one and liked it. If anyone else wants to check them out, the site is http://www.traditionguitars.com.

4. steelbed45

steelbed45 29 on Ignore

Feb 23, 2011
    Nolanville, TX
    I clicked on Texas under the dealer list and started clicking on dealers. While a few of the links were just broken, I didn't find any of the "dealers" listing either bass on their websites; I gave up after 6. I'm guessing they don't have a dedicated marketing department or representative.

5. Yikes. Yeah, probably not, and it sounds like Tradition's website needs a bit of an update. Mr. E Music (www.mr-e-music.com) is showing the B100 and B105 as being available, if you're still curious.

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

I said they LOOK nothing special, which is a mere statement and an attempt at explaining why the brand may not be known from the general population.
    Don't take it as an attack. I don't know how much they cost or sound. For all I know they could be the next Ken Smith.

7. Rocknrollover

Rocknrollover

Apr 30, 2016
    Just picked up a 5 string model myself been playing if for a week or so really like the spacing on it,no neck dive,not a bad bass guitar.