Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any UK TBers going to the London Guitar Show?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, May 7, 2004.

1. I haven't been to a guitar Expo for about 14 years now (ouch!) but I think I'm going to head over to Wembley on Sunday for a gander at all the goodies. I emailed a certain Mr S Lawson earlier and he tells me he's heading down to hang out at the Bass Guitar mag stand - plus I saw Bernie Goodfellow yesterday (bought myself an EBS Bass IQ which is awesome!) and Bernie will have his stand there with both his lovely handmade basses www.gbguitars.co.uk (I played a virginal five string yesterday that he literally just finished, that sounded incredible) and of course a huge pile of EBS stuff. Should be fun and beats sitting behind a computer on the weekend! The tickets to get in are £11 and it's on from 10.30 until 6 on Saturday and 10.30 till 5 on Sunday - hopefully see some of you for a beer or three - and some bass type stuff too.

Peace out.

2. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I'm heading over that way on the Sunday, gonna try to pick up a cheap fretless, and leave myself open to mockery from one and all with my half arsed playing. Hoping to see Laurence Cottle at the BGM stand again too, he was tip top last year...

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i'll be there!

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    If my PC wasnt slowly frying in its box beside me i'd be there.

Right now i have to go hunting for a new PSU, and CPU cooler

5. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    If you come along, I'll give you my old Superflower 420w psu ;)

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    hehe, too bad im back in leeds as im reading this - kinda far away to make the trip now!

7. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    just got back! :D

anyone see me? i was wearing a "Rasputina" baby doll tshirt with the back cut away, and customised tight blue jeans with the waist band cut off. and an aeroplane belt seat belt.

i had lots of bracelets and plectrum earrings on, and was with a tall geeky looking boy.

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    would it make you happy if i said i did see you, even tho i was 350 miles away??

9. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    um, why would it make me happy?

10. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Anyone see me? I had chin length hair, really baggy trousers and was 6'6" (in fact I still am). Used a route planner thing off the rac website to get there, it lied about 10 times, took 2 hours to get to acton to pick up my mates who were coming along as well. Don't think I remember seeing you BA...

11. :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG- that was you!??!?!?!?!?!

-just kidding, i didn't go :p :D