1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any Upright Jazz Bassists in the Philly Area?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Mark Gollihur, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    Hey there folks. I have a talented friend who has been studying jazz guitar for several years (playing guitar for well over 20), focused primarily on post-bop. He's recently started jamming with a very good sax player who also doubles on piano. They've got a nice rapport going and are looking for a bassist to join them on some jam sessions, someone who has a genuine interest in simply playing for the fun of it - perhaps with aspirations to occasionally play a casual gig or two sometime.

I'm a bassist myself, but am not really much for the jazz thang, so I wouldn't be a very good fit. Josh is a friendly, knowledge- and experience-hungry guy in his mid 30's, and he's been studying for several years with renowned guitarist Scott McGill. You can visit his website at www.joshsager.com to contact him if you might be interested in trying a jam session or two. If you prefer, you can also email me and I'll forward it to him.

Thanks for looking!