Any use for a ruined driver?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kael, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    A little while back I blew the driver in my EA CXL-112. Since then I have ordered a replacement (via Bob Gollihur) and the cab sounds as great as ever. Off in the corner is sitting the old speaker collecting dust (well more dust anyway). Is there any useful purpose that I could put this speaker to? Perhaps some way to put a cheapo fix on the driver for lower volume uses? Any reason to hold on to this thing? My gut says probably not, but thought I'd ask before selling it to the semi-moronic kid down the street for $5 for the huge magnet or some such.
  2. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Get it rebuilt/reconed and you'll have a spare.
  3. the ultimate paper clip holder. or to really mess with that fried who has his you know what peirced :smug:
  4. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Break another one and build yourself a talkbox.
  5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    there was a thread liek this a while back. while i agree with the idea of checing out how much to recone the driver (your most intelligent choice) i have another idea if it still works but buzzes.

automatic salad tossing plate.

stand it "face up" with the magnet on the table. place all salad items including dressing on the speaker. Plug it in and hit low "e" or "b" a few times.

instant tossed salad. eat off "plate"
  6. Knock the rear pllate off it and use the plate as an ashtray, its not original, someone i know did that :smug:
  7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I had a few creased Eminence Kappa Pro 10's laying around, but it costs as much to recone them as to replace them . . . unfortunately . . .